- All staff (teaching and non-teaching) and students of KTTC must be registered as library members to enable them use the facility and borrow books. The student/staff identity card facilitates borrowing of books and utilization of other library services. If a user fails to register, they will be charged Khs 200.00 when they will b clearing from the institution.
- All categories of library materials are borrowed using the identity card.This includes short loan materials, projects and use of library computers.
- The KTTC ID must be produced whenever required by the library staff.
- Library fee is payable every term for students.
- Researchers and other external users are allowed to use the library at a normal fee of Khs 2000.00 per year.
Library rules and regulations
- Silence must be observed in the library.
- Eating and drinking in the library is forbidden.
- Brief cases and bags are not allowed. They should be left at the baggage area.
- Library books used within the library should be left on the tables and not re shelved by users.
- Personal books or files should not be left on the desk for more than ten minutes. Proir reserving or sitting space is not allowed.
- Order and good mannerisms should be observed in the library. Placing feet on desks,eating or sleeping in the library is not allowed.
- Use the provided bins to dispose litter.
- Stealing or attempting to steal library property is a punishable offense.
- Writing on, underlining and tearing library property is not allowed.
- Use of mobile phones is not allowed within the library. Security personnel the authority to confiscate users mobile phones if used within the library. A fee of Khs 50.00 is charged for using the mobile phone in the library.
- Ipods, MP3players, walk mans, earphones, and other. Players should not be brought into the library.
A newly received books list is compiled every time new books are received and circulated to the members of the teaching staff.